Come summers, and we get to hear a lot of news about people sufferings from heat strokes.
What is heat stroke? In simple terms, heat stroke is the failure of our body to cope up with the rising temperatures of summer.
Symptoms: Common symptoms are:
- Excessive thirst
- Low blood pressure
What to do? To prevent the ill-effects of excessive heat, one should follow some simple and easy-to-do tips:
- try not going out in sun between 1 pm to 3 pm.
- keep yourself hydrated.
- alwayz carry a water bottle whenever you leave home.
- wear loose clothes so that your body gets enough space to breathe.
- never leave home empty stomach. Take proper meals.
- drink fresh fruit juices, lemon water, coconut water in plenty if you are working outside (in sun).
- cut down your intake of caffeine, tea and packaged juices.
- wear caps, hats and umbrella when moving under sun, especially children.
With proper awareness, heat stroke is an easily preventable disorder. Follow these simple instructions, and there is no need to fear heat stroke. Forget summer, stay cool!
-Dr. Deepak Kripal