What is Asthma?
Asthma is not a disease ,its a reversible medical condition in which the airways of the person gets constricted, inflamed and start producing extra mucous making it difficult for the person to breathe properly
Presentation of patient
People with asthma may present with various symptoms ,which may vary from person to person. The presentation may be frequent or intermittent .Some people may present with symptoms only during season change or during exercise.
Most common symptoms are:
- shortness of breath
- wheezing( kind of musical whistling sound during airway constriction)
- disturbed sleep due to cough,breathlessness or wheezing.
- chest tightness
- unable to speak in sentences(severe asthma).
- noisy breathing during sleep in infants.
- drowsiness,cold clammy extremities with wheeze or cough (life threatening asthma)